Based in Geneva, AgFlow is a leading provider of trade intelligence for the global agriculture markets. We collect, organize and distribute time-sensitive trade analytics from private and public sources, to support decision-making process of our clients (e.g. traders, brokers, hedge funds, governments, etc.). Located in more than 50 countries, our customers value the depth and breadth of AgFlow data together with the convenience of our web-based platform.
We are seeking to grow the team with brilliant and diverse individuals possessing exceptional technical ability. Being Data Engineer/Scientist at AgFlow is a challenging role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, while at the same time being a great opportunity to learn new skills and work within a young and fast-growing company full of talented people. Software engineering experience will be appreciated in order to contribute to our IT infrastructure. You are a strong team player eager to learn daily, self-motivated with a proactive attitude and have excellent communication skills.
The Data team:
The Data team at AgFlow handles any challenges related to data. Data fellows help other teams to make decisions and take actions that make us better. As working for a market intelligence company, they are also in charge of the data serviced to AgFlow customers, to help them make a difference in trade, risk, analysis, etc.
Among their duties, they use advanced data treatment procedures and contribute to the product development to satisfy our customers. They also develop and deploy Machine Learning solutions at scale to increase the effectiveness, the quality, the efficiency and the transparency of the agricultural market. You will face a wide variety of data sources and structures, from structured databases to email text body or images, and will combine them in a structured and valuable format in relational databases.
- Reporting to the Chief Data Officer (CDO)
- Collaborating with the IT team for the database maintenance and improvements
- Strong interaction with the product development team to satisfy customer needs
- Supporting customers for data-related questions
- Monitoring current data sources to ensure the data are up to date* Conducting data collection, checks, normalization and analysis using advanced statistical methods (e.g. classification, outlier detection, forecast) to increase efficiency and quality
- Assisting Admin/Finance teams in data-related questions
- Completed MSc in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering or similar, with focus on statistical analysis and machine learning
- Strong programming skills in R/Python
- Experience with SQL
- At least a first experience in dealing with big data sets
- Passion for data science and/or commodity markets
- Highly self-motivated team worker
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to develop novel approaches
- Clear English communication and written skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Geneva based
- Experience in the financial/commodity markets
- Startup mindset
- Expertise in natural language processing
- Use innovative technologies to make a big difference to an industry crucial to our world
- Join a company with high growth potential, with rising responsibilities as we grow
- Work in an expanding, agile young team with real drive but down to earth and fun to work with
- Get involved at every stage of the projects, contributing ideas and expertise
- Compensation based on profile and experience
Interested? Please send your application (CV, code samples, references, etc.) to email@example.com with email subject “Junior Data Engineer/Scientist”.