Based in Geneva, AgFlow is a leading provider of trade intelligence for the global agriculture markets. We collect, organize and distribute time-sensitive trade analytics from private and public sources, to support decision-making process of our clients (e.g. traders, brokers, hedge funds, governments, etc.). Located in more than 50 countries, our customers value the depth and breadth of AgFlow data together with the convenience of our web-based platform.
We are seeking to grow the team with brilliant and diverse individuals possessing exceptional technical ability. Being Lead developer at AgFlow is a challenging role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, while at the same time being a great opportunity to learn new skills and work within a young and fast-growing company full of talented people. Following strong software engineering practices, good theoretical knowledge and great practical development capabilities with some project management skills are expected to be successful. You are a strong team player eager to learn daily, self-motivated with a proactive attitude and have excellent communication skills.
The Dev Team:
The Dev team at AgFlow handles any challenges related to product development that include: data pipeline automation, tools for internal and collaborator companies, maintenance and further development of platform, integration of our solutions to 3rd party systems, etc. The ev team has first degree contact with data, its providers and its life cycle where curiosity, data analysis, market knowledge, human engineering and project management become critical to be successful and efficient.
We have 4 teams; backend (web server and API), devops (CI/CD with some internal tools), frontend (web/mobile client, blog and marketing website, 3rd party widget development) and lastly, data pipeline automation (data fetcher, cleaner, normalizer which works closely with data team) & machine learning (build pipelines to bring intelligence).
This position requires a broad experience and knowledge, and you need to be a generalist with hands-on skills to lead by example i.e. providing initial implementation, solve issues others got stuck, write highly performant core, follow state of the art, etc.
- Reporting to the CTO and works very closely with him in planning and architecting, meaning challenging the system and pushing boundaries of architecture and everything in sync with planning
- Leading by example to other team members and comfortable to work with remote team
- Strong interaction with the product development team to satisfy customer needs
- Ensuring efficient data pipeline implementation with easy extension capabilities where data quality and timeliness are utmost priority
- Maintaining of existing product offerings with new developments throughout their whole development cycle with close collaboration with COO and product development team
- Assisting and developing tools for other teams (marketing, finance, admin, etc.) to ensure smooth operation
- Application of best practices from site reliability for continuous control
- Geneva based
- Has startup mindset, highly self-motivated team worker and works well in interdisciplinary teams; a general independent doer who integrates with remote or onsite team on demand. GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment. TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership. CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback. CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company. HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Clear English communication and written skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Must have completed a MSc in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering or similar, with focus on statistical analysis and machine learning
- Proficiency in developing automated unit and integration tests and continuous integration
- Curious and challenge systems; can come up with novel approaches
- Passion for big data and machine learning with some demonstrable skills and trail path
- Passion for data science and/or commodity markets
- Good open source citizen
- Experience in financial/commodity markets
- Expertise in any subfield of machine learning, especially in natural language processing
- Experience with distributed systems; kubernetes, prometheus, elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience in mobile development: native, react native, flutter, etc.
- Experience in customization and recommender systems
- French and Turkish
- Use innovative and state of art technologies to make a big difference to an industry crucial to our world
- Join a company with high growth potential, with rising responsibilities as we grow
- Work in an expanding, agile young team with real drive but down to earth and fun to work with
- Get involved at every stage of the projects, contributing ideas and expertise
- Compensation: competitive, based on experience
Interested? Please send your application (CV, code samples, references, etc.) to email@example.com with email subject “Lead developer”.